Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/26 17:50:38 UTC

Performance of query over time?

Hi,

I looked at http://phoenix-bin.github.io/client/performance/ , but is there
a graph that shows changes in performance of each query over time?  That's
really the thing one would want to see - how is the project improving over
time.

See http://people.apache.org/~mikemccand/lucenebench/

Is something like this available for Phoenix?

Thanks,
Otis

Re: Performance of query over time?

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.
Those graphs for Lucene are very nice. I'll file a JIRA to get something
like that in place for Phoenix. We do have a release-by-release comparison
(though we need to highlight that somewhere):
http://phoenix-bin.github.io/client/performance/phoenix-20140324122633.htm

We also have an open JIRA for doing a Phoenix YCSB kind of thing for
throughput over time: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-39

Thanks,
James