Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Omkar Joshi <Om...@lntinfotech.com> on 2013/06/17 11:27:27 UTC

Eclipse plug-in for Hadoop

Hi,

I have Hadoop 1.0.4 version running on a remote cluster running of Ubuntu 12.04 Precise. I have only the command-line access to the cluster machines via Putty etc.

Currently, any MR etc. code that I write using Eclipse running on my local Windows machine, I have to build and ship the jar file to the remote cluster and execute it.

Now, I wish to add a plug-in on my local Eclipse which will allow me to execute my MR etc. codes on the remote cluster(alike a Java program, a web application).

While I'm facing issues in building the jar from src/contrib/eclipse-plugin directory, is my assumption, itself in the first place, correct - build the eclipse plug-in jar on the remote cluster machine, ship it to the local eclipse and use it to run code on the same remote cluster?

Regards,
Omkar Joshi

________________________________
The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient(s). Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking action on the basis of information in this e-mail and using or disseminating the information, and must notify the sender and delete it from their system. L&T Infotech will not accept responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of, or the presence of any virus or disabling code in this e-mail"

Re: Eclipse plug-in for Hadoop

Posted by Srimanth Gunturi <sr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Omkar,
You are right that the Eclipse plugins have to be built from source
(remote cluster in your instance).
It is like that because the Eclipse plugin has HDFS/MR client code
compiled directly into it.

I was unable to find a central update-site/website where Eclipse
plugins were made available.
Regards,
Srimanth

Posted by Srimanth Gunturi <sr...@gmail.com>.