Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Konstantinos Tsakalozos <ko...@canonical.com> on 2016/06/07 07:19:25 UTC

Deploy bleeding edge?

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to deploy the bleeding edge of the components Bigtop
packages? This would greatly benefit Apache project developers as well as
users that want to try out the latest features.

Do we have a mirror with deb packages nightly builds that install what is
on the head of the Apache projects offered by Bigtop? We would also need to
grab the head of Bigtop on github, right?

Thank you,
Konstantinos

Re: Deploy bleeding edge?

Posted by Konstantinos Tsakalozos <ko...@canonical.com>.
Thank you for you prompt reply Olaf

Re: Deploy bleeding edge?

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
I guess this is the best and the only option right now. It would be great to
have a way of actually producing the repos for nightly builds, but considering
own docker-based build environment it will require some thought-through way of
managing docker volumes, so we can collect the artifacts in an easy fashion.

Unfortunately, I don't have any decent ideas on that front. Thoughts?
  Cos

Re: Deploy bleeding edge?

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
Hi,

Re: Deploy bleeding edge?

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jun 08, 2016 at 05:31PM, Olaf Flebbe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I like to have Continous Testing/Deployment for bigtop. So I am ++1 to enhance/enable it.
>
> we already procduce new repos as part of our Bigtop-trunk Jenkins job every night. We archive the artifacts generated.
>
> We have issues, right now:
>
> * gradle.org repository is rather unstable breaking 50% of our builds.
> I already addressed this with BIGTOP-2474, since we do not need to access gradle.org from our build infra.
>
> * The repositories are not signed. This can be fixed with a dummy signature.
>
> Right now, we have two different Compile job:
>
> Bigtop-trunk: Compiling all the stack, very unstable.
> Bigtop-packages-trunk: Compiling all packages as  a single compile. Does not
> generate a repository. This is intended as an test compile only.

IIRC I've been using packages produced by Bigtop-packages-trunk for releases,
as it gets all of them in the same place. Hence it is easy to collect.

Cos

Re: Deploy bleeding edge?

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
Hi,