Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Abid Hussain <ab...@abid76.de> on 2008/02/25 14:46:43 UTC

multiple webapps on single tomcat?

Hi everybody,

I am planning to set up a couple (2-5) of webapps. I've encountered some
problems in the past when running multiple webapps on a single tomcat,
cause they somehow interfered with each other (frankly, I never
unterstood why).

My question is:
Is there a "best practice" for running several webapps on a single
tomcat instance in terms of not interfering with each other? Or is it
principally better to run every webapp in it's "own" tomcat instance?

Would be thankful for any advices.

Regards,

Abid

--

Abid Hussain
Mail: abid.hussain@abid76.de

Re: multiple webapps on single tomcat?

Posted by Abid Hussain <ab...@abid76.de>.
Thanks for help. So am I right saying that no conflicts between webapps
can occur when
1. using tomcat 5.x...
- all wepapps only use their WEB-INF/lib as directory for libraries and
- none of the webapps uses libraries from $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib
resp. $CATALINA_HOME/shared/lib
2. using tomcat 6...
- none of the webapps uses libraries from $CATALINA_HOME/lib?

Both points are meant except the usage of standard libraries like
servlet-api, jsp-api etc., which are naturally needed by all webapps.

Regards,

Abid

Posted by "Roland Brassous (SILOGIC)" <ro...@silogic.fr>.
Hi,