Posted to modules-dev@httpd.apache.org by Pooja Maheshwari <po...@impetus.co.in> on 2009/02/13 12:10:04 UTC

Regarding custom logger

Hi all,

I need to log client side data sent as part of post/get request. The logger modules that come with Apache 2.2, like mod_log_config and mod_logio, seem to support logging for only the query string part and other request_rec items. Is it possible to achieve the logging of data sent as POST data (which may be of huge size) using any of the existing or third party log modules?

Do we have something like LogForJ that can be used by apache C module on windows?

Thanks for help,
-Pooja

________________________________
* Meet us at Hall 2/Booth 2C111 at the Mobile World Congress, Barcelona, Feb 16-19, 2009.
* Attend the qLabs webinar on Test Case Prioritization on Feb 20, 2009. Visit www.impetus.com for details.

Impetus is the winner of the Economic Times Intel Smart Workplace Awards 2008 and the CNBC emerging India 2008.

RE: Regarding custom logger

Posted by Pooja Maheshwari <po...@impetus.co.in>.
Hi Ivan,

Thanks a lot for your help. I got mod_security sources, compiled and got it up on my local apache test server 2.2.11. Am able to capture the post data using it.

Can you please suggest further if i choose the log type to be concurrent, then is there a good and available way/module through which its possible to collect all the data being logged in real time. I am talking of load that may indicate 50K transactions at any given time.

Thanks for help,
Pooja

Yes, ModSecurity (http://www.modsecurity.org) does what you need.

--