Posted to dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org by 马浚杰 <ma...@163.com> on 2021/08/12 05:00:34 UTC

Discussion on path prefix of Restful API

Good afernoon!
After group discussion, we have solved most of the specification problems of API design. But, there is still a problem about path prefix, which needs to be discussed and unified by the community.
There are now three options for path prefixes:
1. /dolphinscheduler    (This is the original scheme.)
2. /api/dolphinscheduler     (This scheme can distinguish between API interfaces and static resources.)
3. /api/dolphinscheduler/v1  (This scheme adds version identification, but the path length is too long.)

Refer to the API of Baidu, Tencent and wechat, as shown below, their domain names are identified by api, such as api.baidubce.com. But in terms of version, some reflect in path, some do not.

In my opinion, I choose the second option. After discussion, we all agree that the path should not be too long. But I think it is necessary to identify the api on the URL.

I hope you can give more opinions and ideas.
Thanks!

Re: Discussion on path prefix of Restful API

Posted by David Dai <da...@gmail.com>.
sorry for reply late,  please paste the picture url in the mail, apache
mail can't show the picture
is the usage(like api.baidubce.com) a better choice?

Best Regards

Apache DolphinScheduler PMC Chair
David Dai
lidongdai@apache.org