Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Sergi Tur/SGA/UPC <se...@upc.edu> on 2005/05/24 12:56:15 UTC

custom i18n doubt

Hi all!

First of all excuse me for my English!

We are starting using lenya here at the University and we are not able to
customize our cms environment in our language.

We see that you use {pub_home}/lenya/resources/i18n/cmsui_*.xml to extends
files in /webapp/lenya/resources/i18n with specific messages for a
publication.
For example ypu use message wuth key "default.createdoc.idtaken" in default
publication. We added our specific messages to this files (
      as instance <message key="pdf_version">Pdf version</message
)
and then we try to use this message in page2xhtml.xls in the following way:

      <i18n:text>pdf_version</i18n:text>

But then lenya shows the key not the message "Pdf version".

There are any other steps to do to? or maybe we are not doing this well

Any help would be apreciated

Kind regards

Sergi Tur Badenas
Servei de Gestió Acadèmica
Universitat Politécnica de Catalunya
Plaça Eusebi Güell, 6-7, Edifici Vèrtex, Planta 0
Tel 93.401.77.72
E-mail: sergi.tur@upc.es

Re: custom i18n doubt

Posted by so...@gmail.com.
On 5/24/05, Sergi Tur/SGA/UPC <se...@upc.edu> wrote:
> We are starting using lenya here at the University and we are not able to
> customize our cms environment in our language.
>
> We see that you use {pub_home}/lenya/resources/i18n/cmsui_*.xml to extends
> files in /webapp/lenya/resources/i18n with specific messages for a
> publication.
> For example ypu use message wuth key "default.createdoc.idtaken" in default
> publication. We added our specific messages to this files
>    <message key="pdf_version">Pdf version</message>
> and then we try to use this message in page2xhtml.xls in the following way:
>    <i18n:text>pdf_version</i18n:text>
> But then lenya shows the key not the message "Pdf version".
> There are any other steps to do? Or maybe we are not doing this well
> Sergi Tur Badenas

There are 2 possible issues:
1. There must be a global translation file for the language, or the
publication's file is ignored.
build\lenya\webapp\lenya\resources\i18n\cmsui_xx.xml

2. Lenya defaults to using the browser's language setting for i18n.
The content could be in Spanish, but anything using i18n could still
be in English.

Read http://solprovider.com/lenya/language for how to solve these issues.

solprovider