Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/03 21:10:50 UTC

Git protected branches

Hi,
I don't know current configuration but I would like to ensure that our
release branches, that is master and branch-xx are 'protected'.
I mean at least that 'force push' must be forbidden to everyone.

In github it is simple to enable such protection, see
https://help.github.com/articles/about-protected-branches/

I don't want to try btyy performing a force push. Maybe we can ask infra
about current configuration

Thoughts?

Enrico
--

-- Enrico Olivelli

Re: Git protected branches

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
I don't think INFRA extends such admin privileges to projects. I think this
is how Gitbox is working. But if we want PMC/projects want to have more
privileges, that might require broader discussions in the ASF.

- Sijie

Re: Git protected branches

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Yes Flavio,