Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jonathan Stimmel <jo...@stimmel.net> on 2000/03/13 18:41:01 UTC

hasChanged in XSP?

Is it possible to create a hasChanged method in an XSP page?

I tried just creating one which just returned false, but it
doesn't seem to be called. I've looked at the source code for
the xsp classes (1.7), but haven't gotten far enough to be certain
one way or the other. If it isn't supported, is there a technical
limitation why I shouldn't attempt to add it?

--

Jonathan Stimmel                    Pager:  408-939-7876
jon@stimmel.net                     jon-page@stimmel.net

1180 Reed Ave #55                    Home:  408-244-5258
Sunnyvale, CA 94086                  Cell:  650-520-4164

Re: Config problem on cocoon1.7

Posted by Thomas Krebs <tk...@attglobal.net>.
After commenting out the lines in the property file of cocoon, I managed to
get the proper return from cocoon.xml. However, I still have problems to
display XML files. I think the source of my problem is to force Apache to
properly forward XML files to tomcat. I know this was discussed several
times in this list, but it is still not clear to me what exactly I have to
put into the tomcat configuration file which is loaded by apache. I am using
Tomcat 3.1M1 and Cocoon 1.7. I have defined a context 'cocoon' in which I
have cocoon defined as a servlet. Access to
http://localhost/cocoon/servlets/Cocoon.xml returns the coocon status page,
but trying to access any other XML file returns an error. Any help would be
appreciated.

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.

Config problem on cocoon1.7

Posted by "Carlos Vinueza M." <ca...@ecuadorexplorer.com>.
Hi,
[...]

Thank you

--
Computers let you make More mistakes faster
than any other invention in human history

cArLos  8-)

Re: Order of XSP/SQL processing declarations gives different behaviour...

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Thu, 16 Mar 2000, Rob Parker wrote:

> I've experienced the following feature with Cocoon 1.7
>
> If my order is as follows, all works fine...
>
> <?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>
> <?cocoon-process type="sql"?>
>
> If I reverse the order, all looks fine, except the next time I request the
> page,
> the query is not executed again and I just see old data.
>
> Is this a bug or feature.

Likely a bug, but possibly a feature - Stefano or Ricardo should be able
to answer with some more authority. However, might I suggest that you use
the SQL taglib since you've already made the XSP hurdle? Just add the
resource directive to the sql taglib in cocoon.properties, add the sql
namespace to your list of xsp namespaces in the xml file, and configure
the query using the sql namespace - options are just like those for SQL
processor, except instead of attributes the options are now elmeents:

<sql:execute-query>
	<sql:driver>org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver</sql:driver>
	<sql:query>select * from foo_table</sql:query>
</sql:execute-query>

Gotta get some time to write docs...

- donald

Order of XSP/SQL processing declarations gives different behaviour...

Re: hasChanged in XSP?

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Jonathan Stimmel wrote:

> Is it possible to create a hasChanged method in an XSP page?
>
> I tried just creating one which just returned false, but it
> doesn't seem to be called. I've looked at the source code for
> the xsp classes (1.7), but haven't gotten far enough to be certain
> one way or the other. If it isn't supported, is there a technical
> limitation why I shouldn't attempt to add it?

Ricardo is working to fix this. Man, what's the status?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.