Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by shridharv <Sh...@NeemTree.com> on 2009/05/04 13:13:33 UTC

Consumer Receive hangs

Hi,
Our consumer stops receiving further messages around 1000 messages.

A commit has not been done at this point, as the consumer is waiting to get
a whole batch of messages before processing them and then doing a
Session.Commit. We need the ability to keep the Commit pending until we get
even upto 10,000 messages.

AmQ 5.2 in Windows, Java consumer, SESSION_TRANSACTED, Kaha, Queue,
-Xmx512M, CacheEnabled=true,CacheSize=8192, Single Consumer on the Queue,
prefetchsize=0

Appears like it is waiting for some resource.

Any suggestions or pointers are welcome.

Re: Consumer Receive hangs

Posted by shridharv <Sh...@NeemTree.com>.
Found the problem and Solution

The number of outstanding messages received by a consumer and not committed
is dependent on the amount of memory allowed by MemUsageLimit.

Once I upped things began to hum again.