Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@visi.com> on 2010/12/25 01:06:06 UTC

OpenEJB Get-Together 2011

As some may recall, we had a little informal get-together in January 2010 in Milan, Italy.

Was thinking we could do the same again this year, perhaps in the end of March -- happens to be my birthday :).  Jean-Louis and I were chatting and he suggested Paris.

No details finalized yet, but as it would be great to get as many of us there as possible I'm posting a "save the date".

-David

Re: OpenEJB Get-Together 2011

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matthias,

Thanks a lot.
I wish you success and all you can expect for this new experience.

See you.
Jean-Louis

Re: OpenEJB Get-Together 2011

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Hello,

enjoy the meetup!
I will not attend it, due to several reasons:
-No longer working on JavaEE projects
-five weeks of business travel before the get-together

Good luck with all the future plans for OpenEJB!

Greetings,
Matthias

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 11:23 AM, Jean-Louis MONTEIRO
<je...@gmail.com> wrote:

> David Blevins-2 wrote:
>>
>> This one looks pretty nice and has free internet and rooms for 55-65E for
>> one person.  Only slightly more for two people.
>>  http://www.hotel-ronsard.com/
>>
>> Amelia also liked this one:
>>  http://www.hoteldeschateaux.fr/
>>

> Both are in the center.
> That's should be nice for you as you can walk and optionally use bus lan.
>
> May be if some people more are interested we can get better prices.
>
> Jean-Louis

Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: OpenEJB Get-Together 2011

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 18/02/2011 01:27, David Blevins wrote:
> On Feb 17, 2011, at 5:58 AM, Jonathan Gallimore wrote:
>
>> I'd love to be there for the whole week. Annual leave shouldn't be a problem, but I need to have a look at hotel prices and work out how much it'll cost, and that might determine how long I can stay (the other factor being how long my wife lets me go for!).
> Bring Laura, that'll solve that last problem.  Amelia will be there.
>
> This one looks pretty nice and has free internet and rooms for 55-65E for one person.  Only slightly more for two people.
>   http://www.hotel-ronsard.com/
>
> Amelia also liked this one:
>   http://www.hoteldeschateaux.fr/
>
> We could probably get a discount booking together.
I'm afraid Laura won't be able to join us for this one, unfortunately it
her company's year end, so she'll be busy working hard producing their
accounts. The hotel prices look pretty cheap - I should definitely be
able to be there for most of the week, and hopefully all of it ;-)

Jon

Re: OpenEJB Get-Together 2011

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 17, 2011, at 5:58 AM, Jonathan Gallimore wrote:

> I'd love to be there for the whole week. Annual leave shouldn't be a problem, but I need to have a look at hotel prices and work out how much it'll cost, and that might determine how long I can stay (the other factor being how long my wife lets me go for!).

Bring Laura, that'll solve that last problem.  Amelia will be there.

This one looks pretty nice and has free internet and rooms for 55-65E for one person.  Only slightly more for two people.
 http://www.hotel-ronsard.com/

Amelia also liked this one:
 http://www.hoteldeschateaux.fr/

We could probably get a discount booking together.

> Week commence 18th April should be ok for me. April 21st is actually my birthday so it would be good to go for a beer with you all to celebrate if possible.

Wonderful!!

-David

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Yes,  Da Vinci lived/died in Amboise.
There is a museum  http://www.vinci-closluce.com/en/
http://www.vinci-closluce.com/en/ , where we can spend time if you are
interested.

The good news is that my house is very closed to that museum (1km). So, we
can have a barbecue together with all of you. There are also hotels very
closed.

Regarding my office, it's more or less 35 min by car from Amboise. I can
drive if you want.
And that's definitely easier for me to organize something here (room, net,
...).

Another good news for those coming from GB.
There are cheap and regular flights from London Stansted --> Tours (30 min
also from Amboise).

For example
Going Out

Free Online Check in

Depart:
London-Stansted 11:50

Arrive:
Tours 14:10
1	x	Adult	10.00	GBP

Fare: 	10.00	GBP
Online Check-In: 	0.00	GBP
Taxes / Fees: 	0.00	GBP
» Taxes and Fees	0.00	GBP
Total Price: 	10.00	GBP

Same for return.
Do it sounds better for you?

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 10, 2011, at 11:00 AM, David Blevins wrote:

> On Feb 10, 2011, at 4:32 AM, Jonathan Gallimore wrote:
>
>> Hey Jean-Louis,
>>
>> It would be great if you did make over to the UK. I'm happy to try and organize a venue of some kind over here if people want to meet up here.
>>
>> I'm still very much up for coming to Paris though - it sounded like there was quite a lot of interest from other people over there too, was that the case?
>
> I am as well.  It's only an hour or so on the high speed train from London to Paris.  If we did it the weekend or week after we'll all be done with conferences and we might even get Mark to come out.  Hack during the day, sight see in the eve.  Would be a blast.
>
>> From my point of view it would be useful to get some potential dates in the diary. I'm pretty flexible, but it would useful to book any annual leave needed and look at travel options if we are doing something in Paris. JAX London is on the 11th-13th April.
>
> Ditto.  I'm good from the 13th onward.

Jean-Louis, you mentioned on IRC you had an office near Loire.  I just remembered where I knew that from... that's where Da Vinci died.  I remember reading about it after seeing the last supper in Milan (where last year's get together was).

Could be really cool to go there.

/me tries to think where else da vinci has been that would make a good location for next year :)

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hey Jean-Louis,

It would be great if you did make over to the UK. I'm happy to try and
organize a venue of some kind over here if people want to meet up here.

I'm still very much up for coming to Paris though - it sounded like
there was quite a lot of interest from other people over there too, was
that the case?

 From my point of view it would be useful to get some potential dates in
the diary. I'm pretty flexible, but it would useful to book any annual
leave needed and look at travel options if we are doing something in
Paris. JAX London is on the 11th-13th April.

Cheers

Jon

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 9, 2011, at 12:16 AM, Jean-Louis MONTEIRO wrote:

> @David, when do you plan to go to UK and also when do you want to leave (go
> back to US)?

I'm flexible on that.  If we still wanted to get together in the Paris area, maybe the week after JAXLondon?

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

I was looking to organize something in Paris by the end of March (David's
birthday).
I won't be to Confess conference.

So, if David plans to go to JAX London, we can also organize the get
together in UK. May be, it will be easier for David and you Jon.

I will ask my manager if i can go to the conference too.

Otherwise, we were thinking (with my wife) to go to UK as we have family
over there.
First, it was plan for my birthday (June, 19th) but may be I can try to move
it to April.

Gonna try to get more information ASAP.

Jean-Louis

Re: OpenEJB Get-Together 2011

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

I'm going to be at JAX London for two of the three days as well. I'm happy
to get together there if anyone is around. I live about an hour away from
London by train, so could easily come down on the weekend of 9th/10th April
as well as the conference if anyone is about an fancies a beer. Date-wise I
don't think I'll be able to make it to Confess I'm afraid. I could (and am
still keen to) make it out to Paris if possible. Jean Louis - any ideas on
dates?

Cheers

Jon

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
I'd support a 'meeting' at confeesss conference as well :-)

-Matthias

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.