Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by xavier jmlucjav <jm...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/01 18:15:35 UTC

choosing placement upon RESTORE

hi,

I am facing this situation:
- I have a 3 node Solr 6.1 with some 1 shard, 1 node collections (it's just
for dev work)
- the collections where created with:
   action=CREATE&...&createNodeSet=EMPTY"
then
  action=ADDREPLICA&...&node=$NODEA&dataDir=$DATADIR"
- I have taken a BACKUP of the collections
- Solr is upgraded to 6.5.1

Now, I started using RESTORE to restore the collections on the node A
(where they lived before), but, instead of all being created in node A,
collections have been created in A, then B, then C nodes. Well, Solrcloud
tried to, as 2nd and 3rd RESTOREs failed, as the backup was in node A's
disk, not reachable from nodes B and C.

How is this supposed to work? I am looking at Rule Based Placement but it
seems it is only available for CREATESHARD, so I can use it in RESTORE?
Isn't there a way to force Solrcloud to create the collection in a given
node?

thanks!

Re: choosing placement upon RESTORE

Posted by xavier jmlucjav <jm...@gmail.com>.
thanks Mikhail, that sounds like it would help me as it allows you to set
createNodeSet on RESTORE calls