Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by 李玉珏 <sa...@163.com> on 2019/02/26 13:36:49 UTC

On Multiple Endpoints Mode of JDBC Driver

Hi,

Does have load balancing function in Multiple Endpoints mode of JDBC driver?For example, "jdbc: ignite: thin://192.168.0.50:101, 192.188.5.40:101, 192.168.10.230:101"
If not, will one node become the bottleneck of the whole system?

Re: On Multiple Endpoints Mode of JDBC Driver

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

I doubt that you will have speed-up here compared to just using JDBC
(possibly with randomized endpoints list).

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by 李玉...@163, 18...@163.com.

Posted by Stephen Darlington <st...@gridgain.com>.
If you’re already using Ignite-specific APIs (IgniteCallable), why not use the other Ignite-native APIs for reading/writing/processing data? That way you can use affinity functions for load balancing where it makes sense and Ignite’s normal load balancing processing for general compute tasks.

Regards,
Stephen

> On 27 Feb 2019, at 06:00, 李玉珏@163 <18...@163.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Since JDBC can't achieve multi-endpoint load balancing, we want to use affinityCall (...) mechanism to achieve load balancing, that is, to obtain and use JDBC Connection in IgniteCallable implementation.
> How to efficiently access and use JDBC Connection?

Fwd: Re: On Multiple Endpoints Mode of JDBC Driver

Posted by 李玉...@163, 18...@163.com.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Hello,