Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com> on 2015/04/03 17:56:36 UTC

[GIT] Setting up new machine

Hi,

I've been merrily checking out files from the FlexJS repo, but now I need to commit stuff. I have a new Mac (Yosemite) and I've followed the instructions on the Apache Git setup page and ran the various git config commands, using the same values from my old computer. I also set up a ~/.netrc file with my login and password for the git-wip-us.apache.org repositories.

git push is asking for my login and password which it is rejecting with an authentication failure. I've double & triple-checked the information between the old and new computers. I'm just not seeing any differences.

Does anyone have any hints/suggestions/advice for getting git going again? I'm sure it will turn out to be something simple.

Thanks,
Peter Ent
Adobe Systems

Re: [GIT] Setting up new machine