Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Dan A. Dickey" <da...@savvis.net> on 2009/03/24 16:43:35 UTC

Update field values without re-extracting text?

I'd like to be able to index various documents and have the text extracted
from them using the DataImportHandler.  I think I have this working just fine.

However, I'd later like to be able to update a field value or several, without
re-extracting the text all over again with the DIH.  Yes - and if possible, only
update one or a few of the field values and leave the rest as is.

I haven't seen a way to do this - can it be done?
What do I need to read yet to accomplish this?  Can someone point me in
the right direction to do this?  Thanks!
	-Dan

--
Dan A. Dickey | Senior Software Engineer

Re: Update field values without re-extracting text?

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Dan,

We should turn this into a FAQ.  In the mean time, have a look at SOLR-139 and the issue linked to that one.

Otis