Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Wei Leong <wl...@blackducksoftware.com> on 2013/03/29 21:36:06 UTC

Adding interface to system VMs

Hi all,

Is it possible to add a second interface to the system VMs that is bound to another bridge on the hypervisor?  Our storage network is on a different interface (with an un-routable IP space) than CloudStack expects it on and the system VM cannot reach it without a second interface.

Thanks,
Wei

Re: Adding interface to system VMs

Posted by Ahmad Emneina <ae...@gmail.com>.
you definitely can do this. :) instructions on doing this can be found here:

http://www.shapeblue.com/2013/01/07/understanding-cloudstacks-physical-networking-architecture/

Posted by Alex Huang <Al...@citrix.com>.
It is possible but CloudStack won't orchestrate it.  However, CloudStack does have the concept of a storage network which is what ssvm uses to access the nfs storage.  With that defined, ssvm will have a nic in the network you defined.  Have you tried using that?

--Alex