Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> on 2013/12/24 10:21:05 UTC

Test builds for new languages (Bulgarian, Danish, Norwegian Bokmal, Thai)

A short update on the test builds status for new languages: they are not
ready yet but they are coming.

On December 12 as you can see at
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/trunk/extras/l10n/source/
Juergen updated the source code from Pootle, meaning that translations
for bg, nb, th were copied to the source code that day. Danish had been
imported before.

On December 20 Herbert (in CC) modified the configuration of the Windows
buildbot to add bg, da, nb, th.

What does this mean? That at the next successful run of our buildbot
(normally weekly, between Sunday and Monday) you will be able find and
download your Windows test builds from
http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/#winsnap

Unfortunately, the December 23 run of the buildbot failed as detailed in
http://ci.apache.org/builders/aoo-w7snap/builds/95
(are we configuring to build Mozilla, Herbert? I thought you had got rid
of it) so I hope that the next run (Dec 30) will be successful and that
we will have the new test builds available as a new year's present, or
we are close to it anyway!

In the meantime, you can continue making fixes in Pootle. They will not
show up in these test builds, but it will be possible to integrate them
in the source code (and thus in the test builds) later.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Test builds for new languages (Bulgarian, Danish, Norwegian Bokmal, Thai)

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 02/01/2014 10:41, Herbert Duerr wrote:
> On 30.12.2013 20:09, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> Hopefully we'll have them ready during the first week of 2014!
> +1

And thanks to Herbert here they are:
http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/install/winsnap/

You will find test builds for Windows in Bulgarian, Norwegian Bokmal,
Thai (updated 12 December) and Danish (I don't know when this one was
updated, and I don't know whether Danish was already at 100% at that time).

Posted by Herbert Duerr <hd...@apache.org>.

Please see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-7151

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Herbert Duerr <hd...@apache.org>.
Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> A short update on the test builds status for new languages: they are not
> ready yet but they are coming.
>
> On December 12 as you can see at
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/trunk/extras/l10n/source/
> Juergen updated the source code from Pootle, meaning that translations
> for bg, nb, th were copied to the source code that day. Danish had been
> imported before.
>
> On December 20 Herbert (in CC) modified the configuration of the Windows
> buildbot to add bg, da, nb, th.
>
> What does this mean? That at the next successful run of our buildbot
> (normally weekly, between Sunday and Monday) you will be able find and
> download your Windows test builds from
> http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/#winsnap
>
> Unfortunately, the December 23 run of the buildbot failed as detailed in
> http://ci.apache.org/builders/aoo-w7snap/builds/95

The error message of that run is strange ("Building SeaMonkey is
supported with Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2005") because that message
was removed from configure.in on November 6th.

But looking at Jürgen's SNAPSHOT tag:
"
prepare new shnapshot based on revision 1552675
Added:
    openoffice/tags/SNAPSHOT/   (props changed)
      - copied from r1537977, openoffice/trunk/
"
shows that apparantly there was a typo in the creation of that SNAPSHOT
tag: The commit message and the SVN operation don't match. The tagged
revision 1537977 (from November 1st!) was quite outdated.

I deleted the bad tag from
	http://svn.apache.org/r1552697
and created it again in
	http://svn.apache.org/r1553808
to match the latest trunk revision. As the latest nightly build worked
fine this should solve the problem.

I'll be mostly offline for the rest of the year. Have a great start into
the new year 2014!

Herbert