Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org> on 2018/02/28 00:10:15 UTC

Google summer of code ideas?

Commons folks,

I've added a general GSOC catch-all bug-hunt idea
at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COMMONSSITE-103

(Hope it's OK that Alice used Commons Crypto as example!)

but feel free to add more specific ideas in Jira using gsoc2018 label
and link it to that issue.

Note that we still need mentors - it might or might not be someone that
has particular knowledge of the component, that all depends on what the
student wants to do.

For instance if someone wants to fix javadocs warnings or do Java 9
support then they can probably work on that for any component together
with any ASF committer as a mentor. But if the student wants to refactor
Commons VFS, then some VFS person should probably be involved.

For details on GSOC  mentorship see  also
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/4e2b5b0ef2e565a08470ecbf9b2a6fc27a25ce28d4708334c9073fb9@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718