Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Ross Manges <ro...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/23 00:30:41 UTC

Problems deploying Qpid JCA RA to GlassFish 3.1.2.2

I've been attempting to deploy the Qpid JCA RA to GF by following the
instructions located here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/trunk/qpid/java/jca/example/README-GLASSFISH.txtbut
I'm having some trouble.

I modified $QPID_ROOT/java/jca/example/build.xml to set the target to
glassfish, but when I attemped to run:
> ant -Dtarget.platform=glassfish deploy-rar

But I run into the problem where the build cannot find the package slf4j. I
noticed that the slf4j jars are indeed located in
$QPID_ROOT/java/build/lib, which is also the location for $QPID_JCA_HOME.
Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?

Note that I have QPID_ROOT and QPID_HOME set to the same value. I also
setup all other env vars per the README.

Thanks!

Re: Problems deploying Qpid JCA RA to GlassFish 3.1.2.2

Posted by Ross Manges <ro...@gmail.com>.
I do have GLASSFISH_HOME set. Unfortunately, I can't even get "ant compile"
to work in the examples directory. Here's exactly what I did, can you
please let me know if I missed a step?

extracted qpid-0.18.tar.gz
extracted qpid-java-0.18.tar.gz
cd qpid-0.18
ant ## successful build resulted
set env vars in .bashrc (as listed below)
cd java/jca/examples
change target.platform in build.xml to "glassfish"
ant compile ## build failure: "package org.slf4j does not exist"

I'm thinking I have a classpath issue? I see the slf4j jar files, but I'm
not sure how to get them on the classpath. Can someone point me to
instructions that I may have missed? Thanks!

#ENV VARS
export GLASSFISH_HOME=${APPS_HOME}/glassfish-3.1.2.2
export QPID_WORKING=${APPS_HOME}/qpid-working
export QPID_HOME=${APPS_HOME}/qpid-0.18/java/build
export QPID_ROOT=${APPS_HOME}/qpid-0.18/
export QPID_JCA_HOME=${QPID_ROOT}/java/jca
export JAVA_HOME="/usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.7.0_04/"
export PATH=${PATH}:$QPID_HOME/bin
export PATH=${PATH}:$JAVA_HOME/bin
export PATH=${PATH}:$GLASSFISH_HOME/bin

Posted by "Weston M. Price" <wp...@redhat.com>.