Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Leonhard Holzer <le...@abuscom.com> on 2006/11/16 09:26:33 UTC

Broken pipe on JDBCRealm

We are using tomcat 5.0.28 with jdk1.4.2_13 on redhat rhsl9. We
configured the context with an JDBCRealm on a Oracle9i database

<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
                 driverName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
		connectionURL="jdbc:oracle:thin:@x.x.x.x:1521:SID"
                 connectionName="yyy" connectionPassword="xxx"
                 userTable="grptusr0" userNameCol="login"
		userCredCol="passwd"
                 userRoleTable="grpturl0" roleNameCol="role"
                 removeAbandoned="true"
                 removeAbandonedTimeout="15"
                 logAbandoned="true"/>

 From time to time we get the following error on the logfile.

2006-11-16 08:13:43 JDBCRealm[/GRIP]: Exception performing authentication
java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Broken pipe
         at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:134)
         at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:179)
         at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:333)
         at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.commit(OracleConnection.java:1345)
         at
org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm.authenticate(JDBCRealm.java:460)
         at
org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm.authenticate(JDBCRealm.java:347)
         at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.FormAuthenticator.authenticate(FormAuthenticator.java:229)
         at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(Authenticat

the strange behavior is, that the client is blocked and gets a white
screen, but when he closes the browser and reopens it, the user is
already logged in.

Has anybody encountered the same problem or can anybody give us some
suggestions?

Best regards
   Leo