Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Delis, Christopher E." <ce...@uillinois.edu> on 2003/03/18 17:18:18 UTC

RE: sql transformer question; *not* esql... (was RE: ???ESQL upda te table???)

actually, now that i return back to my problem... i am not so embarassed (at
least not yet!)...

this solution doesn't appear to solve my problem because my stylesheet is in
the middle of a pipeline and the substitute values are not easily attainable
from within the sitemap.  also, i do not wish to have to declare each
variable more times than i have to (another reason i don't want it in the
sitemap).  has anyone else run into a similar situation?  of course, i could
write (i'd rather "find" one already developed ;-) another transform to
strip offending characters (such as single-quotes) for each variable but i'd
rather not.  any ideas?  do i need to re-design my approach?

here is the update command i wish to perform.  it receives the variables
from previous generator/transforms:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<sql:execute-query xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
xmlns:sql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0">
   <sql:use-connection>idal</sql:use-connection>
   <sql:query>
            update contact
            set last_name = '<xsl:value-of
select="/library/contact/last_name"/>',
            first_name = '<xsl:value-of
select="/library/contact/first_name"/>',
            email = '<xsl:value-of select="/library/contact/email"/>',
            phone = '<xsl:value-of select="/library/contact/phone"/>',
            address = '<xsl:value-of select="/library/contact/address"/>',
            city = '<xsl:value-of select="/library/contact/city"/>',
            zip = '<xsl:value-of select="/library/contact/zip"/>'
            where library_id = <xsl:value-of select="/library/id"/>
   </sql:query>
</sql:execute-query>

Posted by Luca Morandini <lu...@tin.it>.

I convert ìnput data using an XSL template: slow but portable.

An XSL extension function would do the trick faster, I presume.... hmmm....

               Luca Morandini
               GIS Consultant
              lmorandini@ieee.org