Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Tobias Schlitt <to...@schlitt.info> on 2010/04/21 12:38:09 UTC

Re: [PROPOSAL] Zeta Components (issue tracker)

Re: [PROPOSAL] Zeta Components (issue tracker)

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Wednesday 21 April 2010 6:38:09 am Tobias Schlitt wrote
> I read on the infra pages, that our website is required to be generated
> static HTML content. This is fine for us, since the desired systems does
> basically do this. But I wounder how really dynamic stuff is handeled
> here? E.g. having a blog is possible with static HTML, but what about
> comment functionality?

A lot of projects use confluence to generate their static sites.   Some
examples:
http://cxf.apache.org/
http://camel.apache.org/
http://directory.apache.org
etc...

Confluence does allow comments, but your export template would need to be
setup to add a "comment" link that maps onto the confluence comment features.

In anycase, I did want to through that option out there.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: [PROPOSAL] Zeta Components (issue tracker)

Posted by Tobias Schlitt <to...@schlitt.info>.

Re: [PROPOSAL] Zeta Components (issue tracker)

Posted by "Daniel S. Haischt" <da...@googlemail.com>.
actually blogs are done using apache roller as you may figure from the
below URL.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
> we talked a bit about the issue tracker stuff and came to the conclusion
> that we'd go with Jira. The point of having issues central in ASF infra
> is quite striking and we agree here, that we don't want issues to be
> tracked on an external server.

Thats good, b/c infra responded and they are not so happy with another tool

> For the CI we will mostly likely want to setup Hudson inside ASF and
> will most probably setup Arbit for it on an external server. More CI
> cannot hurt, can it? ;)

I think so :--)

> I read on the infra pages, that our website is required to be generated
> static HTML content. This is fine for us, since the desired systems does
> basically do this. But I wounder how really dynamic stuff is handeled
> here? E.g. having a blog is possible with static HTML, but what about
> comment functionality?

The mentioned blog url does support comments
Christian