Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by mukesh <mu...@hungama.com> on 2005/11/29 15:56:27 UTC

JSP on apache

Hi friends,

            How can I run JSPs on apache server? My apache server is running
on Linux. In fact I have developed some web services in Java (and JSP) and
want to deploy on the same server. Is it possible to deploy them directly or
is there some other way around?

Please advice.

Regards

Mukesh

RE: JSP on apache

Posted by mukesh <mu...@hungama.com>.
Hi tim,
	Thanks for your help so far.

	Finally I've downloaded jakarta-tomcat-connectors-1.2.15-src.tar.gz
and configured installed it using instruction from
http://johnturner.com/howto/apache2-tomcat4127-jk-rh9-howto.html.

Now when I start the tomcat then mod_jk.conf is being generated in
/usr/local/tomcat/conf/auto directory and I am able access all the deployed
services including http://<tomcat ip addr>:8080/jsp-examples. Apache is
running on port 80.

But I am not able to execute http://<apache ip addr>/jsp-examples. It gives
me page notr found error. I have added "Include
/usr/local/tomcat/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf" statement also though this
statement is different in
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/howto/apache.html document. here it
says "Include /var/tomcat3/conf/jk/mod_jk.conf-auto" where /var/tomcat3/ is
TOMCAT installation directory.

Both apache and tomcat server are running on same machine.

Please guide.

Regards,
-Mukesh

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
If you are using tomcat 5.5 - do not refer to the tomcat 3 docs ;)

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/
http://tomcat.apache.org/faq/

-Tim

RE: JSP on apache

Re: JSP on apache

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.

RE: JSP on apache

Posted by mukesh <mu...@hungama.com>.
Tim,
	I have downloaded two files
	1) jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.14-linux-sles9-x86_64-prefork.so
	2) jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.14-linux-sles9-x86_64-worker.so

	I have gone through documentation. It says that I need mod_jk.so to
complete the task which I could not find anywhere.

	And second documentation say that Tomcat has
TOMCAT_HOME/native/mod_jk  directory structure but its not true in case of
Tomcat 5.5.  Do I need to create the directories manually ?

	Third, which file I should use and where ?

	I have downloaded above file from
http://archive.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/binaries/linux/jk
-1.2.14/ .

Please correct me where I am wrong.