Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Tricia Williams <pg...@student.cs.uwaterloo.ca> on 2006/08/22 22:13:00 UTC

CForms and XQuery

Hello Cocoon Gurus,

    I'm working on migrating a project from Xindice to eXist.  I use Cocoon
Forms to manage the presentation and validation layers, jx to generate
the source, several xslt to transform and form the xquery/xupdate queries
and the xmldb transformer to commit changes to the Xindice database.  The
old system was working under cocoon 2.1.5.  I've updated to cocoon 2.1.9
and am trying to use eXist in the same manner as I was using Xindice
before.  Is this possible?  Is there documentation I can refer to for the
xmldb transformer?  The xquery runs, but each xupdate fails at the xmldb
transformer.

I've already heard from some people that the xmldb transformer has been
laid by the wayside and that xquery is the way to go.  As far as I can
tell xquery files can only be used as generators.  Is this true?  If this
is true, how can I access the document object created by my Cocoon Forms
in the xquery file?

Thank you,
Tricia