Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Yash Sowale <ys...@yahoo.com> on 2011/11/04 06:49:52 UTC

Classpaht issue

Hi:
I am using Hadoop 0.20.205. I am getting following error when submitting a classifier job from Mahout to multinode Hadoop cluster.

Error: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.slf4j.LoggerFactory

Slf4j API and implementation Jars are in /usr/hadoop/lib folder on namenode as well as added to classpath via  DistributedCache.addArchiveToClasspath . I have physically verified that files exist and have appropriate
permissions and are of correct version. Please help.

Re: Classpaht issue

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
I don't think putting it in /usr/hadoop/lib would do anything. It
needs to be available to the worker, not namenode or client machine.

What you need to do is use the "job" file that Mahout creates, which
packages all dependencies into one jar. This is what you use with
Hadoop.