Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Courtney, Craig" <Cr...@cardinal.com> on 2004/08/25 21:35:43 UTC

Is there a way to separate maven's repository from my repository?

 I've set up a test install of maven but unfortunatley maven seems to require an incredible amount of items be in the repository just for it to work.  This is slightly annoying but would be workable if it didn't automagically make all of these maven dependencies available to my projects build process.  In my case I want our build tool to access a controlled repository where projects should not have access to anything on ibiblio.  I started to copy down only the things maven needs to run in my local repository, but this basically is the same result as now all of these projects are now available for use in my projects.

Is there any way to tell maven itself to use a different repository and cache from my build processes?  It seems to be a major failing of a build tool to force me to cross polute my build process with that of mavens itself.

Thanks,
Craig

Re: Is there a way to separate maven's repository from my repository?

Posted by Per Abich <pe...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 09:37:20 +1000, Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com> wrote:
> When you say "make available", it only makes available in the sense
> that if you ask to use it, it will be used. They are not added to the
> classpath of your application unless they are a dependency in
> project.xml.
>
> I can't think of a way to do this, but I've never considered this a
> major failing myself.
>
> - Brett
>
> On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 15:35:43 -0400, Courtney, Craig
>

> <cr...@cardinal.com> wrote:
> >  I've set up a test install of maven but unfortunatley maven seems to require an incredible amount of items be in the repository just for it to work.  This is slightly annoying but would be workable if it didn't automagically make all of these maven dependencies available to my projects build process.  In my case I want our build tool to access a controlled repository where projects should not have access to anything on ibiblio.  I started to copy down only the things maven needs to run in my local repository, but this basically is the same result as now all of these projects are now available for use in my projects.
> >
> > Is there any way to tell maven itself to use a different repository and cache from my build processes?  It seems to be a major failing of a build tool to force me to cross polute my build process with that of mavens itself.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Craig

Per Abich
Praktikant
Catenic AG

Re: Is there a way to separate maven's repository from my repository?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.