Posted to user@tika.apache.org by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/16 21:36:09 UTC

Are Tika parser instances thread safe ?

Hi

I've looked around the web, found [1].
is it still the case that all the parsers are thread safe (higher level
ones like AutoDetectParser and specific ones like PDFParser), it is great
if it is the case, but would appreciate some confirmation

Thanks, Sergey

[1] http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Thread-Safety-td646195.html

Re: Are Tika parser instances thread safe ?

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, I just became concerned it might not be the case, experimenting
right now with getting TikaConfig statically recorded in Quarkus and
realized TikaConfig loads the parsers as well which will be reused
afterwards, but it is good they are expected to be thread safe

Cheers, Sergey

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.