Posted to rivet-user@tcl.apache.org by Shishir Ramam <sr...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/18 00:22:46 UTC

Aardvark...

I am interested in playing around with Aardvark for a project. However,
on downloading Rivet-0.5.0, it seems to be missing from the source
distribution.

Should I be looking someplace else?

thanks,
-shishir

Re: Aardvark...

Posted by Shishir Ramam <sr...@gmail.com>.
Interesting... I have been looking around, and seems that Scons offers
similar
functionality and is more actively developed. Really like the idea of having
the
power of a scripting language right while writing build scripts.

Rake also looks interesting, but seems to have lesser functionality at the
moment.

Will demurr on the offer to activate Aardvark ... for the moment atleast!
-shishir

On 9/18/05, David N. Welton <da...@dedasys.com> wrote:

> Shishir Ramam wrote:
> > David,
> > Thanks for the reply.

> >>Look around for an older version that still has it. That, or you could
> >>do like so... look in the Changelog and see when it was removed, and do
> >>a CVS checkout a few days prior to that.
> >

> > That is what I eventually did. Whatever happened to it?
> > Has it moved someplace else, no longer supported or something else?
> > Didn't seem to find a mention on the mailing lists or anyplace else.
>
> Well, we caved in and started using the auto* tools for Rivet, and since
> there wasn't much interest in it, it just went away from CVS. If you'd
> like to work on bringing it back in some form, I'd be happy to help out.
> Perhaps sourceforge or somewhere else would be a good place for it
> (maybe the tclapps part of tcllib?).
>
> --
> David N. Welton
> - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/
>
> Linux, Open Source Consulting
> - http://www.dedasys.com/

it is because we do not dare that things are difficult.
- Seneca

Re: Aardvark...

Posted by Shishir Ramam <sr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Aardvark...

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.

Re: Aardvark...

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.

Re: Aardvark...

Posted by Shishir Ramam <sr...@gmail.com>.
David,
Thanks for the reply.

Re: Aardvark...

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.
Shishir Ramam wrote:
> I am interested in playing around with Aardvark for a project. However,
> on downloading Rivet-0.5.0, it seems to be missing from the source
> distribution.
>
> Should I be looking someplace else?

Look around for an older version that still has it.  That, or you could
do like so... look in the Changelog and see when it was removed, and do
a CVS checkout a few days prior to that.

--
David N. Welton
- http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Apache, Linux, Tcl Consulting