Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Rea, Ron" <re...@coramhc.com> on 2002/09/28 20:19:21 UTC

Update array from JSP using Struts

According to one of Ted Husteds tips, in order to present a screen with
multiple records and allow the user to edit all records at once, then hit
submit, you have to break the record into arrays for each field and load the
array.  For example, Employee table will have row 1 name go to name[0], row
2 name go to name[1], etc...

Then you would use the logic:iterate tag  an it would autopopulate the
arrays.  Unfornately, I am unable to get the logic:iterate tag to work on an
array, and the example at Husted web site doesn't explain how the
logic:iterate parameters he has are set up.  Can someone take a look at this
example and tell me if you can make heads or tales of it???

The tips are based on his futer book, but I can't figure out how to make it
work.
Here's the link to his tip:
http://www.husted.com/struts/tips/006.html

Thanks!