Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Caesar Samsi <ca...@mac.com> on 2015/05/19 00:46:30 UTC

Has bug HDFS-8179 been fixed for 2.7.0? Is there a patch?

Hello,

DFSClient#getServerDefaults returns null within 1 hour of system start

I'm coming across this within 5 minutes of start and having to use
-skipTrash.

Is there a configuration option to always use -skipTrash and avoid the bug
altogether?

It's cumbersome when writing scripts.

Thank you, Caesar.

LinuxMint 17 Cinnamon 64 bit.

Re: Has bug HDFS-8179 been fixed for 2.7.0? Is there a patch?

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
The fix is in the upcoming 2.7.1 release.

See this thread: http://search-hadoop.com/m/uOzYt0soQDrSOkY

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.