Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by iamct <qd...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/16 16:58:56 UTC

how to use the Configuration of traceFile

wiki said “traceFile

    (Java system property: requestTraceFile)

    If this option is defined, requests will be will logged to a trace file
named traceFile.year.month.day. Use of this option provides useful debugging
information, but will impact performance. (Note: The system property has no
zookeeper prefix, and the configuration variable name is different from the
system property. Yes - it's not consistent, and it's annoying.)”

but I can not understand how to use it。
I cant find anything after searching the zookeeper source code 。
And I use -DrequestTraceFile=true When I started the server,but I can not
find it is working。
thanks iamct

Re: how to use the Configuration of traceFile

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
The best way to get access to trace information is by editing the
log4j.properties file - set the threshold appropriately. e.g.

zookeeper.root.logger=TRACE, CONSOLE
zookeeper.console.threshold=TRACE

Regards,

Patrick