Posted to doc@openoffice.apache.org by F Campos Costero <fj...@gmail.com> on 2021/02/10 19:19:32 UTC

Update of 4 docs from Getting Started branch

I just pushed my first revision of the first four sub documents of the
Getting Started Guide (AOO41GS1 - AOO41GS4). I have not made a pull request
yet. Since this is a new process for everyone, I thought Keith, Marcia or
someone else might want an early look. I only turned on Record Changes for
GS3 and GS4. Sorry! The biggest change was incorporation of the Sidebar in
AOO41GS2 and Jean did almost all of that.
All comments welcome!
Francis

RE: Update of 4 docs from Getting Started branch

Posted by Dennis Hamilton <or...@msn.com>.
The screen capture can be accessed here:
< https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RfJio7kwN5GO3Ekf8ex9b_7HSzge4peu/view?usp=sharing>

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
On 2/10/2021 6:29 PM, Dennis Hamilton wrote:
> That's great Francis,
>
> I confirm that you have Issues and Discussion on your GitHub dashboard now.  I've enclosed a screen capture of how it is looking just now.

As with all openoffice lists, most attachments are blocked. The best way
to get them through is to put them on a sharing site and send the link
to the list.

As I remember correctly you are a Windows user. If you a onedrive
account you could use the public folder to store it and send the link to
the list.

regards
Keith

Posted by Dennis Hamilton <or...@msn.com>.
That's great Francis,

Posted by F Campos Costero <fj...@gmail.com>.
Dennis,

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
On 2/10/2021 2:19 PM, F Campos Costero wrote:
> I just pushed my first revision of the first four sub documents of the
> Getting Started Guide (AOO41GS1 - AOO41GS4). I have not made a pull request
> yet. Since this is a new process for everyone, I thought Keith, Marcia or
> someone else might want an early look. I only turned on Record Changes for
> GS3 and GS4. Sorry! The biggest change was incorporation of the Sidebar in
> AOO41GS2 and Jean did almost all of that.
> All comments welcome!
> Francis

What I had outlined in the proposed process document was to use PR
requests to move changes back into the Review folder on the repository,
notify the list that it was ready for review. Once the review cycle was
complete it would be moved to the Published site.

I had hoped to have GitHub issues and projects setup and working know,
but I have run into a snag getting the two to communicate. I am spending
most of my time on getting that working.

For know it may work better to look at your fork.

Regards
Keith