Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Lulin Zhang <pr...@yahoo.com.cn> on 2005/04/18 14:35:35 UTC

Can't display spacer.gif images using tree2

Hi

I need to use tree2 to display table of content of a
book, but there aren’t any spacer.gif and nav-*.gifs
displayed on the page,then I copy all these images
under my app and specify tree2's imageLocation to
point to that directory, but the spacer.gifs are still
can't be displayed, leaving several hollows on the
page. Could you give me some suggestions? Thanks!

Lulin Zhang

注册世界一流品质的雅虎免费电邮
http://cn.rd.yahoo.com/mail_cn/tag/1g/*http://cn.mail.yahoo.com/

Re: Can't display spacer.gif images using tree2

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
You have two choices for the images.  Choice #1 is to use extension
filter and the images will be served from the jar file.  The website
has some good documentation on this.

Choice #2 is what you are describing which is to serve the images from
a specific location (and optionally to replace them with you own
images with the same names.)   If you look at the code for
HtmlTreeRenderer you will see calls such as:

getImageSrc(context, tree, "spacer.gif")

The getImageSrc method will determine whether to look in the classpath
(#1) or use the imageLocation attribute (#2).  So that is one place to
start looking.  Have you checked your HTML source?  What is the URL
that it is using for these images?  One possibility is that you have
an extra (or missing) '/' in your image location.  I can't remember
whether you need a '/' or not and my own documentation on this is not
complete.  I am hoping to fully document this within the next week or
so now that the release is done.

HTH,
sean