Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by MilleBii <mi...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/16 13:53:22 UTC

Fetcher keeps having heap-size problems

The fetcher is creating me weird problems on the master node only and  not
on data node despite the following actions :

+ increased HADOOP_HEAPSIZE from 1000 to 2000
+ reduced the number of threads
+ reduced the number URL's
+ increase swap on master node

I'm using Nutch1.0 with patches 721, 769, 770

What can be the issue ? If it is a memory leak why is it not happenning on
datanode.

--
-MilleBii-

Re: Fetcher keeps having heap-size problems

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
Are you parsing during the fetch cycle?

--
Markus Jelsma - CTO - Openindex