Posted to jdo-commits@db.apache.org by an...@apache.org on 2009/05/06 11:55:53 UTC

svn commit: r772124 - in /db/jdo/branches/2.3-ea/lib/ext: fscontext.jar providerutil.jar

Author: andyj
Date: Wed May  6 09:55:53 2009
New Revision: 772124

Log:
2.3-ea release process

Added:
    db/jdo/branches/2.3-ea/lib/ext/fscontext.jar   (with props)
    db/jdo/branches/2.3-ea/lib/ext/providerutil.jar   (with props)

Added: db/jdo/branches/2.3-ea/lib/ext/fscontext.jar
Binary file - no diff available.

Propchange: db/jdo/branches/2.3-ea/lib/ext/fscontext.jar
    svn:mime-type = application/octet-stream

Added: db/jdo/branches/2.3-ea/lib/ext/providerutil.jar
Binary file - no diff available.

Propchange: db/jdo/branches/2.3-ea/lib/ext/providerutil.jar
    svn:mime-type = application/octet-stream

Re: svn commit: r772124 - in /db/jdo/branches/2.3-ea/lib/ext: fscontext.jar providerutil.jar

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Andy,

On May 6, 2009, at 8:56 AM, Andy Jefferson wrote:

> Hi Craig,
>
>>> Ahh but they weren't in the release. They were in SVN. The "release"
>>> distribution doesn't have them.
>>
>> I don't follow. The files were checked into the releases/2.3-ea
>> directory in svn. Was checking them in part of the release process?
>
> No, but then the instructions for release aren't simple.

!!

> They were
> under "db/jdo/**branches** not **releases**, so my previous reply
> was simply
> to verify if the license of aforementioned jars prohibits existence
> in SVN;
> they aren't being distributed. Either way they aren't there now.

It's both. The jars are only available by agreeing to a "click-
through" license and are unsuitable for either svn or releases. They
are part of what we now call "system requirements" that can be
installed by developers in their own environments but not
"distributed" via either svn or releases.

>>> Wish you people would sort your licenses out, then
>>> none of this would be a problem ;-)
>>
>> Who is "you people"? Sun, who don't release these jars under a
>> license
>> that Apache finds suitable?
>
> Just my vain attempt at humour. There was a smiley. I'll stick to
> serious
> stuff from now on :-)

You should know by now that we are a humourless lot! ;-)

Craig

> --
> Andy  (DataNucleus - http://www.datanucleus.org)

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: svn commit: r772124 - in /db/jdo/branches/2.3-ea/lib/ext: fscontext.jar providerutil.jar

Posted by Andy Jefferson <an...@datanucleus.org>.
Hi Craig,

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
On May 6, 2009, at 7:53 AM, Andy Jefferson wrote:

>> Whoa. We're not allowed to have these jars in an Apache release. The
>> licenses are not compatible.
>
> Ahh but they weren't in the release. They were in SVN. The "release"
> distribution doesn't have them.

I don't follow. The files were checked into the releases/2.3-ea
directory in svn. Was checking them in part of the release process?

> Rolled back out of SVN now.

Cool.

Posted by Andy Jefferson <an...@datanucleus.org>.
> Whoa. We're not allowed to have these jars in an Apache release. The
> licenses are not compatible.

Ahh but they weren't in the release. They were in SVN. The "release"
distribution doesn't have them.

Rolled back out of SVN now. Wish you people would sort your licenses out, then

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.