Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jeff LaMarche <je...@mac.com> on 2004/08/17 21:20:48 UTC

Maintaining links

I've got a dynamic list of links on a site I'm working on. One thing
I'd like to do is to have a nightly process that checks to make sure
the links are valid, and if the link fails a certain number of tries
(e.g. 3 days in a row), flag the link so it's not displayed.

Should this be done outside of the Tapestry framework, such as in a
cron job, or is there a way within the tapestry framework to do
something this?

Thanks,
Jeff

Re: Maintaining links

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Aug 17, 2004, at 3:56 PM, Jeff LaMarche wrote:
> They're stored in a database, so checking them as part of a separate
> process is no problem, I just didn't want to externalize it if there
> was a built-in mechanism.

But are they eventually PageLink's or links to completely different
sites?  If they are links to pages, you could verify that Tapestry
pages exist for them, for example.

Or you could check for the availability of external URL's before you
render them perhaps (with some smart caching, of course).

	Erik

Re: Maintaining links

Posted by Jeff LaMarche <je...@mac.com>.

Re: Maintaining links