Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Foster, Jim" <JF...@CSKAUTO.COM> on 2001/04/26 20:29:51 UTC

Logging on to /admin with NT 4 and IIS

I have been working with Tomcat for a couple of weeks trying to get it
configured and I have one problem I can't seem to get around yet.

I have not be able to get /admin to work.  I have added the following line
to my config\tomcat-users.xml file:
<user name="adm" password="admin" roles="admin" />

After adding the record, I have stopped and restarted Tomcat and also
rebooted (out of desperation).

When I bring up http://localhost/admin/index.html and click on "Context
Admin" I am presented with a dialog with three text boxes.  The first is
"User Name", which I put adm in, the next is "Password", which I put admin
in, and the last one is "Domain", which I have left blank.  When I press
"OK", it pauses for a couple of seconds then comes up with the dialog again.
After three tries I get "401.1 Unauthorized: Login Failed".

I can get /examples to work as well as my own custom servlet.  I get the
same result if I start Tomcat from a command prompt or a service.

My environment is NT 4 SP6a, IIS using the Tomcat ISAPI filter, Tomcat
3.2.1, Sun Java 1.3.0.02.  Did I miss anything?

What other configuration issues could it be?

Thanks in advance
Jim

Re: Logging on to /admin with NT 4 and IIS

Posted by Xiaofeng Chen <xc...@unlnotes01.unl.edu>.
You might need change the trusted=false to trusted=true in server.xml for
the admin context.