Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by mahesh76private <ma...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/30 09:38:12 UTC

IGNITE-3180 : please add support for median, stddev, var in Ignite SQL

Looks like these are not supported currently, please add them in Ignite 2.8

Re: IGNITE-3180 : please add support for median, stddev, var in Ignite SQL

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

As far as my understanding goes, it's a very non-trivial thing to calculate
median across nodes.
You end up needing to pull all the data in one place or use some
complicated iterative approach.

Same thing probably applies to std, though there might be shortcuts. Still
it's not as easy as just implementing collocated algorithm.

Denis, should we probably delist aggregate functions that aren't supported?

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by Stephen Darlington <st...@gridgain.com>.
The weird thing about this is that the documentation says they do exist: https://apacheignite-sql.readme.io/docs/aggregate-functions <https://apacheignite-sql.readme.io/docs/aggregate-functions>

(They don’t.)

At the very least we need to update the documentation.

Regards,
Stephen

Posted by mahesh76private <ma...@gmail.com>.
SQL.
Two usecases - Big, Data, visualizations with databases,  and sheets that
shows large tables, where is sure wants to get some quick metric
Variance and STDDev is should be good...

ML side
Dataset class already exposes these right ?... We are okay there for now.

Re: IGNITE-3180 : please add support for median, stddev, var in Ignite SQL

Posted by zaleslaw <za...@gmail.com>.
Are you ready to use them as a part of Ignite ML functions (part of stat or
math package?) or you need in SQL only?