Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by link <ma...@oneww.net> on 2010/12/29 17:21:45 UTC

InvalidOperationException - POI cannot read temp file

hi all
i am trying to read an xlsx file using Apache POI 3.5

here is the code:

XSSFWorkbook workbook = new XSSFWorkbook(sourceFile.getAbsolutePath());
XSSFSheet sheet = workbook.getSheetAt(0);
XSSFRow rowW = sheet.getRow(2);
link@none.com
first line throws this:

org.apache.poi.openxml4j.exceptions.InvalidOperationException: Can't open
the specified file: '/tmp/poifiles/poi-ooxml-1611734909.tmp'

POI creates that file and then cannot read it, what is wrong??

thanks in advance

Re: InvalidOperationException - POI cannot read temp file

Posted by David Fisher <df...@jmlafferty.com>.
> hi all
> i am trying to read an xlsx file using Apache POI 3.5
>
> here is the code:
>
> XSSFWorkbook workbook = new XSSFWorkbook(sourceFile.getAbsolutePath());
> XSSFSheet sheet = workbook.getSheetAt(0);
> XSSFRow rowW = sheet.getRow(2);
> link@none.com
> first line throws this:
>
> org.apache.poi.openxml4j.exceptions.InvalidOperationException: Can't open
> the specified file: '/tmp/poifiles/poi-ooxml-1611734909.tmp'
>
> POI creates that file and then cannot read it, what is wrong??

(1) Maybe permissions.

Please check ownership and group on /tmp and /tmp/poifiles

How do these compare with your user and group?

How does this compare with your umask?

(2) I recall that there may have been a bug fixed here since POI 3.5, try POI 3.7.

Regards,
Dave