Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Quentin HORNEMAN GUTTON <qh...@gmail.com> on 2022/11/08 15:51:48 UTC

Migrate NiFi users

Hello

I am currently trying to migrate users and their rights from a NiFi 1.13.2
cluster to a NiFi 1.16.3 cluster on new servers. What are the steps to
follow to keep the old users with the new configuration ?

Should I move the users.xml and authorizations.xml files to the new
instances and then add the instances manually ?

Or should I launch the new instances and manually add the old users?

Or is there a better solution?

Best regards,

HORNEMAN GUTTON Quentin

Re: Migrate NiFi users

Posted by Andrew Lim <an...@gmail.com>.
There is also some upgrade/migration guidance on the NiFi Wiki [1].

It hasn’t been reviewed/updated recently, so if you have any feedback that would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Drew

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/1.x.0+to+1.x.0+Upgrade <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/1.x.0+to+1.x.0+Upgrade>

Re: Migrate NiFi users