Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by je...@bnf.fr on 2006/02/23 11:01:05 UTC

Filtering and Retrieve all Embedded Resourcesfrom HTML files

Hi all,

I'm writing a test plan on application which contains frameset as following

      /ar:/document
            contains
                  outils.jsp
                  notice.jsp
                  + css, gifs...
      outils.jsp contains a link towards xiti.com.

I have two solutions ever I do a test plan like that

      ark:/document
      outils.jsp
      notice.jsp

Either I do just (that's my prefered solution)
      ark:/document

      and I check the button Retrieve all Embedded Resourcesfrom HTML files
      which gets outils.jsp, notice.jsp, all gif et css images and xiti.com
page.

My problem is that I don't want to get gif and css files each time, because
it's not realistic.
Mostly I don't want to get xiti.com pages (I don't want to load test other
sites, and anyway it returns an error page)

Is there a means to filter pages jmeter will explore or not?

Thanks in advance,
      Jérôme

Re: Filtering and Retrieve all Embedded Resourcesfrom HTML files

Posted by je...@bnf.fr.
OK,
so I did a test plan launching each jsp successively and it works fine.
Thanks

Cordialement,
Jérôme Dupont
DSI/SED/B2I
Bibliothèque Nationale de France
|----------->
|           |
|           |
|           |
|           |
|           |
|----------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                                               |
  |                                                                                                                                               |
  |  Message de : sebb <se...@gmail.com>                                                                                                         |
  |                        23/02/2006 13:56                                                                                                       |
  |                                                                                                                                               |
  |                                                                                                                                               |
  |                                                                                                                                               |
  |                                                                                                                                               |
  |                                                                                                                                               |
  |                                   Veuillez répondre à "JMeter Users List" <jm...@jakarta.apache.org>                                    |
  |                                                                                                                                               |
  |                                                                                                                                               |
  |                                                                                                                                               |
  |                                                                                                                                               |
  |                                                                                                                                               |
  |                                                                                                                                               |
  |                                                                                                                                               |
  |                                                                                                                                           Pour|
  |           "JMeter Users List" <jm...@jakarta.apache.org>                                                                                |
  |                                                                                                                                          Copie|
  |                                                                                                                                               |
  |                                                                                                                                          Objet|

On 23/02/06, jerome.dupont@bnf.fr <je...@bnf.fr> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm writing a test plan on application which contains frameset as
following

>      /ar:/document
>            contains
>                  outils.jsp
>                  notice.jsp
>                  + css, gifs...
>      outils.jsp contains a link towards xiti.com.
>
> I have two solutions ever I do a test plan like that
>
>      ark:/document
>      outils.jsp
>      notice.jsp
>
> Either I do just (that's my prefered solution)
>      ark:/document
>
>      and I check the button Retrieve all Embedded Resourcesfrom HTML
files
>      which gets outils.jsp, notice.jsp, all gif et css images and
xiti.com
> page.
>
> My problem is that I don't want to get gif and css files each time,
because
> it's not realistic.
> Mostly I don't want to get xiti.com pages (I don't want to load test
other
> sites, and anyway it returns an error page)
>
> Is there a means to filter pages jmeter will explore or not?

Not at present, sorry.

If the page content does not change frequently, you can add one
sampler with retrieve all, and then separate ones for the subsequent
pages.

One way to generate the plan is to record it using a browser (assuming
it only uses http:, not https:).

S.

Re: Filtering and Retrieve all Embedded Resourcesfrom HTML files

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.