Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by "Swen - swen.io" <me...@swen.io> on 2018/04/10 07:28:53 UTC

XenServer Storage Live Migration between pools

Hi all,

we added a new XenServer 6.5 SP1 cluster (pool) to our CS installation. When
we do a live migration between pools we run into a problem with the VM. The
migration itself is working fine and the VM is reachable all the time. I can
see in XenCenter that the same network has been created on the new pool for
the VM. But when I stop and start the VM CS tells me that it was successful
but the VM is not starting on the XenServer. In XenServer logfiles I can see
problems with attaching VIF (virtual network interface) to the VM. Does
somebody else run into this problem?

As far as I can see there are no errors in the management server log.

best regards,
Swen

AW: XenServer Storage Live Migration between pools

Posted by "Swen - swen.io" <me...@swen.io>.
We found the root cause of our problem. The cluster was dedicated to a
domain and the VM was not part of this domain. CS is not giving any error in
the UI when you try this. I will check the latest version of CS for this.

Best regards,
Swen