Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/07 15:03:39 UTC

[T5] t5components: how about a Button for PageLink?

Hey Sven,

Do you have plans for a variation on Button that does a render request
like PageLink? It would be really handy.
I ask because unfortunately the following doesn't work in IE - it
displays a button but clicking it does nothing:

button>

Geoff

Re: [T5] t5components: how about a Button for PageLink?

Posted by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com>.
Great work. Thanks.

Re: Tapestry App Replication

Posted by ProAdmin Dariusz Dwornikowski <da...@proadmin.com.pl>.
I think you have to do it on application server level. Tomcat sticky
sessions etc.

2008/9/8 Carl Crowder <ca...@taptu.com>

> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to run multiple instances of a Tapestry app on various
> servers, but have them share session and application state?
>
> Carl

Pozdrawiam,
Dariusz Dwornikowski
------------------------------------
ProAdmin
ul. Królowej Jadwigi 44/2
61-872 Poznań
tel: 061 623-20-92
kom: 0601 59-64-74
fax: 061 623-20-93
www.proadmin.com.pl
dariusz.dwornikowski@proadmin.com.pl

Re: Tapestry App Replication

Posted by kranga <kr...@k2d2.org>.
The extensive use of @Persist("flash") for form fields could cause thrashing
in an app cluster. That's one piece I'd like to see refined in Tapestry to
be one in a different way.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Tapestry is designed to be "a good citizen" of an application server
that supports clustering.  It's careful about what it writes into the
HttpSession.  The framework understands that the server that receives
a request may not be the same one that rendered the page initially;
this knowlege affects many code paths, and the approach Tapestry takes
to caching and pooling page instances.

Your part is to properly manage the objects put into the HttpSession
(via @ApplicationState or @Persist).  These objects should be
immutable where possible (i.e., String, or a primitive or wrapper
type).  For @Persist, if you change the internal state of a mutable
object, you should reassign the field, to ensure that Tapestry knows
to update the HttpSession (and force the value to be serialized and
distributed around the cluster).

Still, sticky sessions are the way to go when possible.  Much more
efficient use of resources ... you are scaling *out* not *up* which is
always cheaper.

Again, Tapestry is a good citizen, but from the application server's
point of view, it's just another servlet application.  The heavy
lifting here is application server specific.

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 4:44 AM, Carl Crowder <ca...@taptu.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to run multiple instances of a Tapestry app on various
> servers, but have them share session and application state?
>
> Carl

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Tapestry App Replication

Posted by Carl Crowder <ca...@taptu.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com>.
Yes I did, but no cigar. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Posted by Toby Hobson <to...@googlemail.com>.
Geoff

Posted by Sven Homburg <ho...@googlemail.com>.
just comitted