Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Cameron McCormack <ca...@mcc.id.au> on 2007/02/13 22:38:44 UTC

Forrest generating invalid HTML

Hi.

In my site.xml file I have a URL that contains an ampersand.  When the
HTML is generated, the corresponding 'a' element includes the ampersand
unescaped:

  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/batik/trunk/documentation-sources/content/xdocs/site.xml
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/site/deploy/batik/index.html

(Search for the string “bugzilla” in those.)

Is there a way I can make forrest generate valid HTML?

Thanks,

Cameron

--
Cameron McCormack, http://mcc.id.au/

Re: Forrest generating invalid HTML

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Cameron McCormack wrote:
> Hi.
>
> In my site.xml file I have a URL that contains an ampersand.  When the
> HTML is generated, the corresponding 'a' element includes the ampersand
> unescaped:
>
>   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/batik/trunk/documentation-sources/content/xdocs/site.xml
>   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/site/deploy/batik/index.html
>
> (Search for the string “bugzilla” in those.)
>
> Is there a way I can make forrest generate valid HTML?

This is a known issue, see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-241

We welcome your assistance in fixing this issue (there are some
investigative notes in the issue).

Ross