Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Adam Hewitt <ad...@staff.iinet.net.au> on 2005/11/30 07:03:12 UTC

[users@httpd] suexec + mod_ldap_user + multiple realms

Hi All,

I have a setup where I have roughly 14 different realms (aquired ISP's)
and users in each realm are listed in LDAP using username@realm...pretty
straight forward.

I have configured apache2 with mod_ldap_userdir such that if
bill@domain1.com accesses http://homepages.domain1.com/~bill that the
mod_ldap_userdir config appends the realm to the username when it is
being looked up (%v@domain1.com)...all of this works perfectly and is
fairly straight forward.

The problem I am having is that apache2 is passing suexec the username
and suexec is passing the username onto libnss-ldap to be looked up,
*but* this is failing as it doesn't include the realm with the username.
Is there anyway to get around this? Somehow append the realm onto the
username when its passed to suexec? Or how are other people getting
around this issue?

Cheers,

Adam.