Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org> on 2017/12/14 14:31:05 UTC

[VOTE] Accept Android Client 2.0 (Fineract CN Mobile) into Apache Fineract

Hello all,

In case you didn't know (which I think is the case for many of you),
longtime Mifos contributor, GSOC student and GCI mentor, Rajan Maurya
completed a GSOC internship this past summer under the mentorship of Markus
Geiss for Apache Fineract with the Apache Software Foundation as the
mentoring organization.

His project centered around building an Android Mobile Field Operations App
for the generation 3 architecture which we were referring to as Fineract
2.0 at the time but will now be Fineract CN.

All of his commits were made in a personal repository (since there was no
Apache Fineract CN repo yet) so they can't simply fall under Apache and
must go through the formal IP clearance process which starts with a vote
from the PMC before they can be part of Apache Fineract.

Rajan has transferred ownership of the repository over to the Mifos
Initiative so we will be providing the software grant agreement to
contribute if and when we get approval from the PMC.

So if you'd like to see the first incarnation of a mobile field operations
app for the new architecture be a part of Apache Fineract, please vote
accordingly.

You can view the repo at https://github.com/openMF/Fineract-CN-mobile and
test out the latest APK from
https://github.com/openMF/Fineract-CN-mobile/wiki

The APK has been updated to point to the baseURL with the most recent demo
credentials provided by Markus:

    > Tenant: playground
    > Username: apache.demo
    > Password ven3t1@n

A list of all the pull requests can be found at
*https://github.com/openMF/Fineract-CN-mobile/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aclosed
<https://github.com/openMF/Fineract-CN-mobile/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aclosed>*

and learn more about the project's original goals in his GSOC application
at https://goo.gl/qsUw2C

Cheers,

Ed

Re: [VOTE] Accept Android Client 2.0 (Fineract CN Mobile) into Apache Fineract

Posted by Myrle Krantz <my...@apache.org>.
Ed,

Please cancel the vote and create a public discuss thread first.

Best Regards,
Myrle Krantz

Re: [Mifos-developer] Accept Android Client 2.0 (Fineract CN Mobile) into Apache Fineract

Posted by Ayush Mainali <ma...@gmail.com>.
I am not able to register to the mifos self service app.i followed the
process from this link by:

   - Create a role with a CREATE USER and CREATE USER CHECKER (used for
   verifying the creation of user) permissions only.
   - Create a user(admin) and assign only the previously created role to it.
   Retrieve this admin token and hardcode it in the self service
   application and this admin token is authorized to perform only 2 task i.e.
   creating a self service user and verifying it. But was unable to register
   to the app. Is there any other process or am i missing any thing??
   Please Help!

[image: Inline images 1]

Regards,
Ayush Mainali

RE: Accept Android Client 2.0 (Fineract CN Mobile) into Apache Fineract

Posted by Thynn Win <th...@thitsaworks.com>.
Thank you Rajan!

+1

Posted by Sendoro Juma <se...@singo.africa>.
+1

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
Hi all,

I'm retracting this voting thread to begin a public discussion prior to a
vote.

Ed

--
*Ed Cable*
President/CEO, Mifos Initiative

Re: [VOTE] Accept Android Client 2.0 (Fineract CN Mobile) into Apache Fineract

Posted by Ashok Auty <as...@confluxtechnologies.com>.
+1