Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <gg...@apache.org> on 2020/09/25 14:34:04 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Commons DBCP 2.8.0

The Apache Commons DBCP team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Apache Commons DBCP 2.8.0.

Apache Commons DBCP software implements Database Connection Pooling.

This is a minor release, including bug fixes and enhancements.

Changes in this version include:

New features:
o DBCP-564:  Fix BasicManagedDataSource leak of connections opened after
transaction is rollback-only #39. Thanks to Florent Guillaume.
o DBCP-566:  Add clearStatementPoolOnReturn #42. Thanks to Robert Paschek,
Gary Gregory, Phil Steitz.
o DBCP-559:  Add start, restart methods to BasicDataSource. #50. Thanks to
Phil Steitz.

Fixed Bugs:
o DBCP-555:  NPE when creating a SQLExceptionList with a null list. Thanks
to Gary Gregory.
o DBCP-558:  Fix DelegatingConnection readOnly and autoCommit caching
mechanism #35. Thanks to louislatreille.
o            Fix regression introduced by unreleased code clean-up #63.
Thanks to Sebastian Haas.

Changes:
o            Update to PR#36 - PrepareStatement and prepareCall methods are
extracted #37. Thanks to DoiMasayuki, Alexander Norz, Gary Gregory.
o            Mask out user name and password from
DriverAdapterCPDS.toString(). Thanks to Gary Gregory.
o DBCP-650:  Update Apache Commons Pool from 2.7.0 to 2.8.1, #48. Thanks to
Gary Gregory, Dependabot.
o            Update tests from H2 1.4.199 to 1.4.200. Thanks to Gary
Gregory.
o            Update tests from Mockito 3.0.0 to 3.5.11 #47, #60, #64.
Thanks to Gary Gregory, Dependabot.
o            Update tests from jboss-logging 3.4.0.Final to 3.4.1.Final.
Thanks to Gary Gregory.
o            Update tests from narayana-jta 5.9.5.Final to 5.10.6.Final,
#61. Thanks to Gary Gregory.
o            Update tests from junit-jupiter 5.5.1 to 5.7.0 #62. Thanks to
Gary Gregory.
o            Update tests from org.slf4j:slf4j-simple 1.7.26 to 1.7.30.
Thanks to Gary Gregory.
o            Update build from
com.github.siom79.japicmp:japicmp-maven-plugin 0.13.1 to 0.14.3. Thanks to
Gary Gregory.
o            Update build from maven-javadoc-plugin 3.1.1 to 3.2.0. Thanks
to Gary Gregory.
o            Update build from maven-pmd-plugin 3.12.0 to 3.13.0. Thanks to
Gary Gregory.
o            Update org.apache.commons:commons-parent from 48 to 51. Thanks
to Gary Gregory.
o            Update jacoco-maven-plugin from 0.8.4 to 0.8.6. Thanks to Gary
Gregory.
o            Update maven-checkstyle-plugin from 3.0.0 to 3.1.1. Thanks to
Gary Gregory.
o            Update actions/checkout from v1 to v2.3.2, #44, #51. Thanks to
Dependabot.
o            Update actions/setup-java from v1.4.0 to v1.4.2 #58. Thanks to
Dependabot.

For complete information on Apache Commons DBCP, including instructions on
how to submit bug reports,
patches, or suggestions for improvement, see the Apache Apache Commons DBCP
website:

https://commons.apache.org/dbcp/

Download page: https://commons.apache.org/dbcp/download_dbcp.cgi
Gary Gregory
on Behalf of the Apache Commons Team

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Commons DBCP 2.8.0

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 12:02 PM sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There's an issue with https://commons.apache.org/dbcp/, at least when
> viewed from the UK - it has not been updated to 2.8.0.
> I've reported this as INFRA-20898

I had to hit CTRL-F5 (Control Refresh) in Chrome to force it to reload that
page from first principles (no caching).

Gary

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 1:25 PM Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 12:52 PM sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I think I have fixed the hash links.
>>
>> The download_dbcp.xml file did not agree with the POM.
>> There must have been an error in the release generation process which
>> should be looked at.
>>

> The plugin that generates that file is either misconfigured for not
> flexible enough.
>
> The simplest solution would be to manually generate sha512 hashes for all
> the old files since md5 and sha1 are frowned upon anyway these days.

Done.

Gary

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 28 Sep 2020 at 16:41, Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 7:32 PM sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > The plugin that generates that file is either misconfigured for not
> > > flexible enough.
> >
> > I used 'mvn commons-build:download-page' and it worked fine.
> >
> > What did you use?
> >

> I used:
>
> mvn commons-build:all
> mvn changes:announcement-generate -Prelease-notes

Looks like there is a bug in commons-build:all.
It does not generate the same output as commons-build:download-page.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 12:52 PM sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think I have fixed the hash links.

Thank you for fixing that. This won't happen for Pool2 since all of the
relevant old files already have sha512 hashes. This is not the case for
DBCP, so it would be nice to generate sha512 hashes for these old files if
you have time.

Gary

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.