Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Ma...@t-systems.com on 2022/06/15 14:15:34 UTC

Planned release date for TomEE 9.x

Hello TomEE users,

is there already an approximate date when TomEE 9.x will be released? We are very interested in migrating to the Jakarta namespace.

BR,
Manuel

RE: Approx. release date for TomEE 10.x

Posted by COURTAULT Francois <fr...@thalesgroup.com.INVALID>.
 Hello Jean-Louis,

If I have understood:
   - TomEE 9 currently uses Tomcat 10.0.x and is aligned with Jakarta EE 9.1 and µProfile 5.0 fine
   - TomEE10 would use Tomcat 10.1.x and would be aligned with Jakarta EE 10 and µProfile 6.0?
   - TomEE11 would use Tomcat 11.0.x and would be aligned with Jakarta EE 11

But Richard wrote: " TomEE 9 to use Tomcat 10.1.x " because of the Tomcat 10.0.x EOL.
This is where there is confusion according to me because if TomEE 9 will use Tomcat 10.1.x instead => TomEE 9 would have some Jakarta EE 10 stuff due to Tomcat 10.1.x usage.

So maybe TomEE 9 would be a temporary release and the focus could be to start TomEE 10.x relying on Tomcat 10.1.x as soon as possible.
It's just  my point of view of course.

I have seen that ActiveMQ has released 5.18.0 version which is JMS 2.0 certified :-)
When would you include this version in TomEE ? and in which TomEE version ?

Best Regards.

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.

Posted by COURTAULT Francois <fr...@thalesgroup.com.INVALID>.
Hello Richard,

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
> On Apr 4, 2023, at 11:40 PM, Manuel.Gamerdinger@t-systems.com wrote:
>
> Hello David,
>
> thanks for your reply and your advice to switch to TomEE 9.x first. That already helps me a lot.
> I also thank you all for your great volunteer work. My skills are probably not enough to contribute actively. But I am promoting TomEE and I think the more users use TomEE the more volunteers there will be.

Your skills are definitely enough.  This project is so dangerously low on resources anyone of any skill can have positive impact.

Let me know if you’d like to help in some way and I can find something that matches your skill and time.

-David

AW: Approx. release date for TomEE 10.x

Posted by Ma...@t-systems.com.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Manuel,

Posted by Richard Zowalla <rz...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Re: Planned release date for TomEE 9.x

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
Awesome.

Thanks for the detailed feedback

Posted by hantsy bai <ha...@gmail.com>.
I am waiting for the new maven plugin and arquillian adapters for TomEE 9.
---

Regards,

*Hantsy Bai*

Self-employed consultant, fullstack developer, agile coach,
freelancer/remote worker

GitHub: https://github.com/hantsy

Twitter: https://twitter.com/@hantsy
Medium: https://medium.com/@hantsy

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
You are very welcome.
If during migration you saw things that could have helped you, let us know,
or fill a JIRA ticket. If you had issues, you are probably not alone.

I created the last release and vote is open for 72 hours for the jBatch
implementation (BatchEE). As soon as this one is done, we should be running
out of SNAPSHOT and move on with the plan.

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
Hi Manuel,