Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org> on 2010/05/25 14:18:24 UTC

Re: [ApacheDS] Configuring the kerberos service in the current version of the trunk

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 6:06 PM, Snake <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings again
>
> I have already been told that the current trunk of ApacheDS no longer
> supports server.xml. However, the online documentation that describes
> how to set the the KDC is still meant for the current release of
> ApacheDS, which still users server.xml.
>
> I have already managed to compile, run, and change the LDAP port for
> this version of the trunk, but I'm clueless about how to set up the
> KDC using the ou=config partition instead of server.xml (which I'm
> assuming is the place to set up everything now). Can anyone give me
> some insight about how to configure the KDC? Thanks in advance.

there are many elements you need to add to make it work :) , but I have
added a complete default config for all the supported
features(kerberos, DNS, NTP, changepassword and HTTP)

Please update your workspace to include the latest sources from trunk
and after a full build follow the below
steps

(I assume that you are using a GUI editor like Apache Directory Studio )

1. Enable the keyderivation interceptor

   Go to the entry at DN
ads-interceptorId=keyderivationinterceptor,ou=interceptors,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=directoryService,ou=config
   and set the ads-enabled attribute value to true

2. Enable the kerberos server

   Go to the entry at ads-serverId=kerberos,ou=servers,ou=config and
set the ads-enabled attribute's flag to true

3. restart the server

Note: You can use the apacheds-noarch installer present under
installers directory.
         All you need to do is first build the complete server from
the trunk-with-dependencies folder and then
         build the apacheds-noarch installer. You can start the server
using either apacheds.sh or
         apacheds.bat scripts

HTH
Kiran Ayyagari