Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jim Anderon <ji...@jjajava.com> on 2014/07/08 21:47:48 UTC

hello world is giving me a stack trace.

Hi,

I'm trying to learn about struts and I have been trying to run the
tutorials. The example, 'basic struts', runs ok in my
environment. But when I run 'hello_world', I get a stack trace, which I
will attach to this email.

I'm running on Crunchbang linux, a Debian deriviative, and I'm using
tomcat6 as my server, with Struts 2.3.16.3.

I was having trouble getting the example to run on my machine. I finally
got it to run successfully once. Every run
after that has given me a stacktrace. I figured that I might have messed
up the code in my work space, so I removed
everything, re-installed the hello_world directory and then rebuilt
using 'mvn clean package', which ran
successfully. I tried installing the war file both manually and using
the tomcat manager and got the same results
in either case.

I am searching the internet for a similar stacktrace, but have not found
it yet. Has anyone on the mailing list
seen a similar problem before?

Regards,
Jim Anderson

Re: hello world is giving me a stack trace.

Posted by Jim Anderson <ji...@jjajava.com>.

To all those who helped on this problem, my sincere thanks. It is now
resolved.

Resolution: Upgrade to tomcat7.

Jim A.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Kun Niu <ha...@gmail.com>.

--
         牛坤
MSN:haoniukun@hotmail.com

Re: hello world is giving me a stack trace.

Posted by Jim Anderon <ji...@jjajava.com>.

Posted by Kun Niu <ha...@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to learn about struts and I have been trying to run the
> tutorials. The example, 'basic struts', runs ok in my
> environment. But when I run 'hello_world', I get a stack trace, which I
> will attach to this email.
>
> I'm running on Crunchbang linux, a Debian deriviative, and I'm using
> tomcat6 as my server, with Struts 2.3.16.3.
>
> I was having trouble getting the example to run on my machine. I finally
> got it to run successfully once. Every run
> after that has given me a stacktrace. I figured that I might have messed
> up the code in my work space, so I removed
> everything, re-installed the hello_world directory and then rebuilt using
> 'mvn clean package', which ran
> successfully. I tried installing the war file both manually and using the
> tomcat manager and got the same results
> in either case.
>
> I am searching the internet for a similar stacktrace, but have not found
> it yet. Has anyone on the mailing list
> seen a similar problem before?
>
> Regards,
> Jim Anderson

         牛坤
MSN:haoniukun@hotmail.com

Re: hello world is giving me a stack trace.

Posted by Jim Anderon <ji...@jjajava.com>.
The structs config files and the lib files all came with the example and
I have not touched them. Do you want to
see these? Or do you want to see the tomcat6 config files?

Jim A.

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.

e: davelnewton@gmail.com